Firefall Forums

WTF do I do with this?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Resources Discussion' started by megakoresh, Jul 4, 2013.

Even if I could actually make an automatic que to autoload it all into the crafter one by one soon as the previous batch finishes, I would still have to refine for weeks to actually get those lists into a reasonable shape. That is keeping in mind the fact that I always refine. Every night at least one of those crafting slots is busy with refining big stacks and I refine smaller stack during the day. It's just. Not. Possible. The income of stacks (not quantities) vastly overpowers the refining, unless you use Red Beans.

I am literally scared to open the inventory. I think refining idea is a good one but it's so spammy right now (I seem to be using the word a lot).

Those lists are actually twice as large now! Yeah, this was recorded around 2 weeks ago and now it's twice as big (mostly because my second crafting slot is occupied with the thumper research).

Perhaps i should clarify: the problem is with many small stacks of both refined and unrefined mats. Blending them is what is a problem. And blending I think should happen at the time of refining if I so choose and take 10 seconds, regardless of amount, like the subcomponent recipes do.

So one slot in refining would not be confined to one stack, but rather one material. I can put as many stacks of that material into that slot as I wish and it will refine into one blended output. So if I want to refine all my blue stacks into one refined blended blue stack I could do that.

Convenience is important especially now that Firefall will enter open beta. And convenience is not something which can only be sold, as I think everyone here understands. The whole inventory screen is inconvenient. As are many other mechanics. Perhaps it is time to start thinking about that. It's like optimization for graphics: do it bit by bit over time. May as well start with what's the most painful.
    You get refining level 4 and it gives you six slots. Also you refine at all times too I guess :/.
  3. ldb

If you are feeling that bothered about stacks of unrefined resources either stop doing ares missions/deposits or use the trash button to delete them all.

Or just remove the keybinding for your inventory :p
    I am worried about redundancy of refining mechanism. Everyone has this issue and it makes refining be more trouble than it's worth. Also trash button doesn't work since inventory is slow as hell. You ever tried actually doing the inventory management? I have a ton of stock items and other crap I would like to either sell to junk vendor or delete, but dragging one item into trash can will put entire inventory screen on hold for 5 seconds. So when you have hundreds of items to manage that way it is problematic to say the least.

Perhaps i should clarify: the problem is with many small stacks of both refined and unrefined mats. Blending them is what is a problem. And blending I think should happen at the time of refining if I so choose and take 10 seconds like the subcomponent recipes do.