So disheartened by a single bug.

Discussion in 'Critical Bugs' started by Toftaps, Nov 21, 2012.

So I bought a Founder Pack when they were first announced and on sale for PAX. Granted, it's only a lieutenant pack but I felt the need to support this game which I have enjoyed immensely even in beta.
    Enjoyed up until this point at least.

When the 1494 came out I rushed in to check out the new things. One of the first things I checked out was the new armor prints. This turned out to be a huge mistake as through some bug I was unable to deselect any of the armor prints, none of which I wanted, and eventually settled on selecting the one print that seemed to have no price in order to escape the garage.

Upon leaving the warpaint section of the garage, that infamous "Syncing with SIN" popup appeared and I knew something had gone terribly wrong. Receiving no confirmation window for the purchase, the game apparently decided I had wanted to buy the leopard armor print and spent 100 (Approx. $12 worth of beans) on it for me. How nice of it.

Support has been contacted but they weren't able to reproduce the bug, so unfortunately I do not get my beans back. Since I was saving those beans for a purchase I found actually appealing rather than a stupid leopard print for my armor, I am now incredibly disappointed and can't even bring myself to log in because now all I see is the game that stole from me.

Serves me right for spending money on a game that's in beta though, I suppose.

End rant.
    oh i wondered about that, I assumed all beans would be reset at the end of beta so that purchases could begin anew with the adjusted market prices?
    ah good news for you, i read in the forums that if you buy something with beans and the price drops you will gt refunded the difference :p
  4. Thromp Field Marshal

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with customer support. This sounds very similar to if not exactly the same as a known bug.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/comm...previewing-warpaints-charges-red-beans.60695/

I would try contacting them again and pointing them to the above thread. I hope they will refund you your red beans for your sake and that of the game. Nothing can kill off an otherwise very promising game like poor customer support.
    Hello Toftaps,

I am sorry to hear about your experience thus far. I will be sending you a private message to get more information on the issue so we can look into it further for you. Please check your inbox at the top right in a few minutes for a message from me - thanks!
    Oh hey, I should probably have checked this earlier, but I forgot; during the week after I was told there was nothing that could be done the ranger helping me was able to secure me a refund despite the fact that the QA team wasn't able to recreate the exact bug.

I really should pay more attention to my watched threads. >.>
    lol we all rallying to support you :p

It sounds as well like this has now become a common bug as I saw a warning (not sure of its age though, I can never see the date of people's posts really annoying, only the date of the thread start).

Kudos to Desmara though for coming to the rescue (even though it was no longer needed heh)

:)
    Indeed. :red5:'s rangers are one of the best support teams I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with in my career of breaking shit in games.
  9. Bizak Hero of the Accord

Slightly offtopic... anyone else gets their commander decal 100% transparent (read: Invisible, completely imperceivable, well versed in the art of not being seen)? I can see and use first 2 tiers just fine, but not commander one.
    Seems to work now.