short story

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nbbmo, Dec 5, 2013.

I jump off the drop ship in Thump Dump. Thumpers are rocketing into the sky - off to ARES teams somewhere in New Eden. Just another day in Paradise.

I stride over to the sin tower, flip Oilspill off as I walk past, just because. We are at level 3. Time to go to work. Stepping into the arc porter fold I say a little prayer. I know She's not listening any more - not since the fall.

Popping into Sargasso I look around - so beautiful but oh so deadly. Fudge! I love this place. I tip my mask back so I can light a smoke. Goddamn bugs don't even let me take a drag for fudge's sake. I raise my plasma cannon, hot off the printer, and put a round right dead centre of the mass of aranhas. This has the lovely effect of blowing them all to ichor and straight back to what ever hell spawned them. Fudge, I hate bugs.... and caves.

Finally, I get to take a drag and start the long walk to the Repulsor. For a while I just walk - smoking and taking in the scenery - when all of a sudden chosen start porting in. Holy Sheeeit! I probably should have waited for the rest of the squad. Oh sheeeit! I think this is me done. Snipers, assaults, engineers are all targeting and shooting at me. I make an effort but to no avail. I am down.

Funny thing about these frames is when they go down, and before they port you to med centre in Copa, they have a cool-down. You can look around and see things going on but can't move or do anything. If you're smart, you can hit the auto-recall after a few seconds. But nobody has ever accused me of being smart. I am looking into the mist; hoping, praying for one of my mates to revive me yet again. Its kind of a regular pastime for them.

I hear an engine in the distance. Dare I dream someone is in here with me? Next thing I see are turrets falling all around me and this purple blur skids to a stop beside me spraying dirt and leaves all over me. Over my comm I hear, "Morning, Sunshine. You fudgeing yoloed it again you stupid fudgeer! Last time I told you wait for the fudgeing squad private!"

"Sorry, Commander," I reply meek as a kitten cause I know he's right. He always is. That's why he's the commander. "Won't happen again, Commander."

He interrupts, "That's bullsheeeit private! We both know you will."

"Jesus Christ on a crutch, Monster, just revive me before I time out and lets kill some chosen!"

Commander MonsterFace finally gets me up and running again but strangely all is quiet - just turrets rotating back and forth. That's when they land. They're at all points of the compass, facing out, guns tracking for targets. My team is here to save my ass yet again: BillyHorrible, TerribleAtFPS, and Katastrophix.

"Mother Thumper! N, why we always pulling your ass out of the sheeeit all the time?" they chorus as they laugh their lovable fudgeing heads off. My repeated misfortune is their favorite entertainment.

All I can think to say is, "Who brought the thumpers? Lets get mining! The melded cyrstite isn't gonna mine itself."
    • Like x 6
  2. CookieDuster Commander

China just called, they want their wall back
    • Like x 8
  3. Nokzen Commander

i would read it if i could.
  4. Segar Ensign

Easy on the coffee when you post Bro. Glad you like the game(?)
  5. TheHenvar Commander

this one?
    [IMG]
  6. 12v Storm Rider

Is your favorite food....... fudge? Or is it just because it's almost Christmas? :)

Good story, glad you're into the game!
    This was too nice a story to leave as a wall of text......

I jump off the drop ship in Thump Dump. Thumpers are rocketing into the sky - off to ARES teams somewhere in New Eden. Just another day in Paradise.

I stride over to the sin tower, flip Oilspill off as I walk past, just because. We are at level 3. Time to go to work. Stepping into the arc porter fold I say a little prayer. I know She's not listening any more - not since the fall.

Popping into Sargasso I look around - so beautiful but oh so deadly. Fudge! I love this place. I tip my mask back so I can light a smoke. Goddamn bugs don't even let me take a drag for fudge's sake. I raise my plasma cannon, hot off the printer, and put a round right dead centre of the mass of aranhas. This has the lovely effect of blowing them all to ichor and straight back to what ever hell spawned them. Fudge, I hate bugs.... and caves.

Finally, I get to take a drag and start the long walk to the Repulsor. For a while I just walk - smoking and taking in the scenery - when all of a sudden chosen start porting in. Holy Sheeeit! I probably should have waited for the rest of the squad. Oh sheeeit! I think this is me done. Snipers, assaults, engineers are all targeting and shooting at me. I make an effort but to no avail. I am down.

Funny thing about these frames is when they go down, and before they port you to med centre in Copa, they have a cool-down. You can look around and see things going on but can't move or do anything. If you're smart, you can hit the auto-recall after a few seconds. But nobody has ever accused me of being smart. I am looking into the mist; hoping, praying for one of my mates to revive me yet again. Its kind of a regular pastime for them.

I hear an engine in the distance. Dare I dream someone is in here with me? Next thing I see are turrets falling all around me and this purple blur skids to a stop beside me spraying dirt and leaves all over me. Over my comm I hear, "Morning, Sunshine. You fudgeing yoloed it again you stupid fudgeer! Last time I told you wait for the fudgeing squad private!"

"Sorry, Commander," I reply meek as a kitten cause I know he's right. He always is. That's why he's the commander. "Won't happen again, Commander."

He interrupts, "That's bullsheeeit private! We both know you will."

"Jesus Christ on a crutch, Monster, just revive me before I time out and lets kill some chosen!"

Commander MonsterFace finally gets me up and running again but strangely all is quiet - just turrets rotating back and forth. That's when they land. They're at all points of the compass, facing out, guns tracking for targets. My team is here to save my ass yet again: BillyHorrible, TerribleAtFPS, and Katastrophix.

"Mother Thumper! N, why we always pulling your ass out of the sheeeit all the time?" they chorus as they laugh their lovable fudgeing heads off. My repeated misfortune is their favorite entertainment.

All I can think to say is, "Who brought the thumpers? Lets get mining! The melded cyrstite isn't gonna mine itself."
    • Like x 4
  8. MouseCat The Gun Show

9. AirmidX Founder

You are awesome. So is the OP for writing it. Enjoyed the short story made easy to read. #teamwork
    • Like x 1
  10. AgentSmith5150 Beta Commando

Good story! Needs a couple typo corrections, and you should just go ahead and say the word "bullshit" as nobody would really try to enunciate "bullsheeeit" :)

Oh, and this is maybe better suited for the RP section?
    • Like x 1
  11. Nokzen Commander

now i could read it :) good story OP.
    • Like x 1
    amazing story. like the part in Sargasso, my fav region
  13. Fallen Seraph Founder

You call that a wall of text? In the RPs I used to write and take part in my average post was 2500 characters long. Amatures :D
  14. Oskar581 Unbroken

I know that first story wall of text, well not this one but I have been there and I have been thinking we're Battle frame Pilots our IGNs are our Callsigns. Your story was good when I wrote mine (http://bit.ly/1hfu4zt) which was written back before the patch that changed everything but it still has some good feels, and much like your work I included the guys I played firefall with. I hope you continue to write as I might too, some Art with pictures, some with crafts, then there is us the wordsmiths.
    Thank you everyone :D
    Your story was great thx
  17. Arzak Interloper

Sometimes I think about how the internet is killing the english language, and then I read something like this.

Good read, man.
    Thx bud