Read this if you have problems installing

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Tech Support Guy, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Tech Support Guy Commander

The one that says 7zip sharp?? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  2. So when I download the sharp version where do I put the .dll file?
  3. Tech Support Guy Commander

Read the section about 7ZipSharp errors, there is no mention of a dll lol
  4. So what do I do to the installer with 7zip?
  5. I mean, Im not using the full installer. Just the regular streaming one.
  6. Never mind. i got it from the full installer. Apparently the streaming wasn't detecting a program needed to run the installer, and the full installer was. Or something like that, im not sure really. Thanks for trying to help me though.
  7. Tech Support Guy Commander

You were just not supposed to install to the same directory you extracted the installer to =_=

Where in the section did I mention installing 7zip or a dll =_=
  8. Tech Support Guy Commander

SevenZipSharp Errors

Do not install to the same directory you extracted the installer to. Delete the FirefallInstaller folder and re-run FirefallInstaller.exe do not change the path here.

This error could also be caused by not having enough disk space. The install drive needs around 12 gigs. While the windows drive (usually C:\) needs an additional 4-6 gigs for the streaming installer temp files. Then an additional 1 - 2 GB for cache files at %localappdata% which is usually on C:\

Access denied errors are caused by having either the launcher/client or patcher running while trying to patch. So close everything and/or restart your pc and try again. This could also be caused by you not having permissions to the files, this could be changed under properties.
  9. Tech Support Guy Commander

Installer bundle verification failed/Connection timeout/MD5 errors

Turn off your router for a few minutes then turn it back on and try again. You can also try the Full Installer.

For the Full Installer, you will need 7Zip to extract the files.

Those getting timeouts please use the full installer with a download manager. Some download managers require you to get the direct link (it will be a long URL ending with .7z), you will need to do this if you downloaded anything but a ~4GB 7z file.

If the above does not help, please submit a ticket (those getting MD5 errors you must report the exact file the error was on) and the Rangers will assist you further.
    • Like x 4
  10. Tech Support Guy Commander

Download always stuck at a certain point

This is usually due to ISP/router issues, only thing to do is call up your ISP and get them to check the router and things on their end.

But if you are desperate you can try the Alternate Downloader, it downloads the entire game one file at a time however it will end up downloading ~8 GB.
  11. Tech Support Guy Commander

CRC Errors/Corrupted 7z
    • Use 7Zip to extract (right click FirefallInstallerComplete.7z -> 7-Zip -> Open Archive -> select everything -> click Copy -> select Desktop -> new folder -> FirefallInstallerComplete\) ignore the error and click close. Download and extract the Streaming Installer into the folder and override the files.
    • Then install as normal, if install failed then:
      • Go into Desktop\FirefallInstallerComplete\
      • Extract FirefallInstaller.7z to somewhere like C:\Red 5 studios\
        • If you can't extract FirefallInstaller.7z then the file is too corrupted and you have no choice but to redownload.
      • Then follow instructions here to manually install.
    • Attached is bin-1351.zip it includes everything required to run the launcher/patcher. Extract it to \Red 5 Studios\Firefall\ and override everything.
    • Then run start.bat this will start manual checking and will redownload any corrupted files.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tech Support Guy Commander

Failed to create Direct3D depth buffer

Supported GPUs:
    • Nvidia 8600/GT4xx or better
    • ATI X1800/HD45xx or better
    If your GPU is supported try reinstalling DirectX. If you tried installing DirectX using the web installer please try the standalone installer.

Also ensure you have the latest drivers. If this happened after updateing drivers then please uninstall using Driver Sweeper and install the old drivers that worked, then submit a ticket.
  13. Tech Support Guy Commander

Running the installer/launcher/patcher/client does nothing

This is usually due to either your antivirus not allowing the installer to run or you are not running in admin mode.

If you have 2 GB of RAM, you will be unable to play FireFall.
    If you have 4GB of RAM, you will need to read this
  14. Tech Support Guy Commander

Launcher.exe Missing/Corrupted installation

Certain antivirus software thinks that launcher.exe is a virus (e.g Norton) it should be under quarantined and is easily restored.

Incase there are missing files, attached is bin-1351.zip it includes everything required to run the launcher/patcher. Extract it to \Red 5 Studios\Firefall\ and replace everything. Then run /system/bin/start.bat this will start manual checking and will redownload any corrupted files.
    • Like x 3
  15. Tech Support Guy Commander

How to copy/move installation?

If you downloaded the Full Installer all you have to do is extract the archive (7z file) on the PC you wish to install and run it from there.

If you do not have the archive (7zip full installer) or you used another method to install. Just copy the Red 5 Studios directory to that PC.

Do the following after extracting Red 5 Studios folder:
    • Download the Firefall Registry 1.1.zip attachment and then extract it to /Red 5 Studios/firefall (you should see firefall.ini in that folder)
    • Then run Firefall Registry.exe as admin, then press 2 and enter this will insert/edit the registry to let firefall run
    If you are trying to move installation but that did not work then open up regedit and manualy edit the entry.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tech Support Guy Commander

After installing game says FireFall is not installed
    • Download the Firefall Registry 1.1.zip attachment and then extract it to /Red 5 Studios/firefall (you should see firefall.ini in that folder)
    • Then run Firefall Registry.exe as admin, press 2 and enter this will insert/edit the registry to let firefall run
    • After that download bin-1351.zip
    • Extract it to /Red 5 Studios/Firefall/ and replace everything.
    • Then run /sysyem/bin/start.bat this will start manual checking and will redownload any corrupted files.
    • Like x 8
  17. Tech Support Guy Commander

How to reinstall and keep my settings?
    • Copy to somewhere safe %LOCALAPPDATA%\Red 5 Studios
    • Uninstall the game
    • Reinstall the game
    • Paste the folder back and replace everything
  18. Tech Support Guy Commander

Unable to patch due to low disk space on C:\ (Windows Drive)
    How to move cache?

For 64 bit users go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Red 5 Studios\Firefall
    For 32 bit users go to C:\Program Files\Red 5 Studios\Firefall

Or if you installed somewhere else go to there

Edit the WritePath in firefall.ini to point to another drive.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tech Support Guy Commander

If the installer/launcher/patcher continue to crash
    • First right click on your drive then Properties go to Tools then under Error checking click Check now and make sure both boxes are ticked before clicking Start.
    • Then restart your pc, after windows loads up restart again.
    • Once you are back in windows open up CMD.exe and run "sfc /scannow".
    • Download .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool then check all versions of .Net. If there are any errors reinstall that version.
    If that dont help go to Control Panel/Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs for XP)/Turn Windows Features On or Off (XP users will see a similar name). Then make sure .Net 3.5.1 is Ticked
  20. I recently moved my Red 5 Studio Directory onto another hard drive, now when I go to patch the game it keeps trying to install patches at the previous install path. I tried the Registry.zip above to no success.

Any ideas?

Edit: I ended up jumping into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in regedit.exe and changed the InstallLocation there. I guess the Registry.zip didn't do it's job properly on my machine, odd.