Patch Notes for v.0.9.1780

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by BranFlakes, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

from the Doomsday news article:

''This event will be purely for fun; there aren’t going to be special rewards associated with killing us (other than the ability to make fun of us on the forums), and we aren’t going to be griefing you guys by destroying your thumpers or otherwise interfering with the gameplay of people who don’t want to participate. In the spirit of that, we will be disabling all durability loss for the duration of the event.''

so Devs won't be griefing people. im not sure how this will work, if its an opt-in/out Player v Dev setting, or if its just saying 'dont kill me' in zone chat.

As for the OWPvP... that's entirely opt-in, from what has been said in the past. if you are in PvP it will be a choice, ie via the Duel system or going to the PvP 'contested continent'. if PvP was not opt-in i would not play. even if i get roflstomped in PvP, i want it to be a CHOICE and not forced upon me.
    • Like x 2
  2. zwack Unbroken

I am here for the "skill based" PvP but thumping and crafting and xp grinding is forced upon me......
    • Like x 1
  3. StormWing0 Beta Vanguard

As they are using the event to train a learning AI to take control of the new chosen characters when they aren't around. :)
  4. One Of Kellys Heroes Beta Vanguard

Hey Zwack.... Have you got a link to that download for that addon that makes the crosshair lights up and change color when it goes over a hitbox?

Two players in game were talking about it and said to just ask the guy in the forums with the spongebob avatar for a link to it.

I need some more PVP skills... can I get a link to it?

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/addon-ca-crosshairs-reticles.123741/

Is this what you were looking for? sounds interesting so I did a search for it.
  6. One Of Kellys Heroes Beta Vanguard

Yea I was reading that page earlier to making that post, and somehow missed reading this....
    "Top part of the reticle presents hitmarks (the the feedback when you hit your target) and beneath them are the actual crosshairs."

Might have a look at it after the coming patch and give it a try.
    I use the stock dot with glow, but find that even as small at it is, it still is bigger than some targets I am shooting at.
    So the color change / indicator would be a nice touch.
  7. zwack Unbroken

Yeah, your sarcasm doesn't pass me. But i don't mind being called an idiot or cheater or whatever. Here is my statement:

Firstly, I repaired an addon for someone once, you find it as everyone else in the official addon section, just check it out. Secondly, the functions you mentioned are only available in PVE, and not in PVP as this addon only uses functions already in the game and makes them cusomizable.
    Lastly, i play with low settings and no UI glow and the white crosshair to get the best possible frame rate.

PS: If you believe that a crosshair color or shape or size makes a difference in a pvp match i feel sorry for you. There are no advantageous settings or mouse sensitivities its all about what makes you feel comfortable, but you can go ahead after you lost a match against someone and blame it on something else than yourself, its much easier thatway!

cheers
    • Like x 1
  8. One Of Kellys Heroes Beta Vanguard

LOL No dude seriously....the 2 guys said to ask the spongebob avatar guy...and no I'm not calling you anything. Guilty conscience much? Jesus.

Don't be all piss in the wind like here....I was only asking who I was told to ask. Any other sponge bobs in the forums that you see? I don't.

OK, and as you say you repaired an addon for some guy, by that I guess I am talking to the right fella then.

After messing with the reticle this morning I made all the settings transparent but one I left as white. Smaller, and yes I like it better.

The glow around the dot was covering a lot of area around the dot, thus making small itty bitty shards hard to see, or not visible.

No more glow area, no more problems for seeing small targets.

Just a heads up about my earlier post was about....What these two in game were saying was that the "dot" would change color when you mouse your sight over a target, which would be great considering that small long range targets are covered up by the dot and glow area.

PS: If you believe that a crosshair color or shape or size makes a difference in a pvp match i feel sorry for you. There are no advantageous settings or mouse sensitivities its all about what makes you feel comfortable, but you can go ahead after you lost a match against someone and blame it on something else than yourself, its much easier thatway!

PS: Dude...I don't PVP or dual. I don't need my epeen rubbed to feel good about myself in game thanks all the same.
    In so far as skills....give everyone the same equipment and abilities....then there are no advantages for anyone, all that is left are skills.

I was asking about it for clarity of target verification is all. Think what you like....no sarcasm intended as indicated again by my second post.

But if you would like me to go there I am more than willing to bring it.
  9. zwack Unbroken

10. One Of Kellys Heroes Beta Vanguard

Thanks...that's what I got it set to now....less the black border.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.