Firefall Forums

Passangers on Vehicular Ground Transportation Items.

Discussion in 'PvE Discussion' started by Kameho, Jan 23, 2014.

?

Would You be a passanger?

Yes. 10 vote(s) 66.7%
No. 2 vote(s) 13.3%
Post Quantum Variable Approximity Definitional Maybe. 3 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. Kameho Beta Vanguard

Yes. Passangers on Transports would be nice. Maybe on the LGV.
    So i can earn crystite on taxi service.

And I can buy nice stuff.
    I'd rather see a new kind of 2 seater LGV or some sort of buggy in the future which has 2-4 seats instead
    But crystite awards for giving someone a ride ? well not so sure about that.
    This idea's been kicked around before.
  4. Andur Field Marshal

There are already MGV and HGV item references in the PTS client. Their holo-placement UI hints that they're the same as the 2-seater (MGV) and 6-seater (HGV) wheeled transports you can see around New Eden right now.
  5. Kameho Beta Vanguard

Oh, no. You dont get awarded by thingybobby if you drive people around. you just make the people who rides with you pay. Or else you threaten to drive off a cliff and into deep ocean never to be seen or heard of again.

Yes I hope those MGV and HGV comes out sooooon.
    Oh so they would pay you
  7. Kameho Beta Vanguard

Yes. Like a Taxi.
    Actually, if you look into your keybindings, you'll find control options for changing vehicle positions etc, which leads me to deduct high likelihood of multi-passenger vehicles, possibly with the combat capability? [Options - Key Bindings - Vehicle - Position 1-5 corresponding to F1-F5, currently do nothing?]

I'd certainly love to see vehicle-based combat as a world component; racing around on dune buggies and APCs having 80MPH firefights with Chosen skimmers and Tanken trikes would be very... AutoAssault? (Yeah, I'm dating myself.)
    Have to be careful with something like that make it easy to kill off or people would just drive it into Aries, you can drive lvgs almost anywhere in the aries missions now. Up stairs and what have you.
  10. Andur Field Marshal

It was confirmed that OWPvP will feature vehicle combat (probably something with actual weapons, unlike the MGV and HGVs).
  11. Harven90 Commander

I have suggested this lots of times, and many ithers, but it seems that devs are not interested since they never reply :(, I hope i could upgrade my LGV to a 2 passengers LGV in the fture...