How to install Addons manually (Curse too)

Discussion in 'Addons' started by Nakiato, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Nakiato Champion of Mankind

• Like x 10
    Nice that is a handy little vid.

Thanks for taking the time to put it together and host it up for others to see.

One little thing is that the new Addon directory is located in the Documents/Firefall/Addons
    • Like x 1
  3. Nakiato Champion of Mankind

Oh, didn't know that. This old way works too, for now at least.
  4. Nakiato Champion of Mankind

Thanks for letting me know! I will definitely update the video if that changes.
    Now you can also extract the contents of the zip file to ...\My Documents\Firefall\Addons\
    Good vid man! Now I actually confirmed that MainUI issuers all adorns go, thanks!
    Great simple help vid for those who might not be used to downloading/extracting addons or mods for these kinds of games. Nice work ;)
  8. DarkByke Mobile Fortress

How to upload addon to curse website? I can't find any information about that, it's so weird.

Got it working.
    • Like x 1
  9. SmellyJane Vapor Trail

if u install manually when there's a new patch out the addon directory gets deleted , maybe it's just me or some glitch , but using melder or maybe curse saves u time and u can update the addons with ease
    If it's an addon install it to "Documents\Firefall\Addons" instead and it shouldn't get touched after a patch. Mods will still need to go in the firefall directory and firefall updates will delete them.
  11. CookieDuster Commander

Not only that, the patcher will also be forced to download a much larger package due to the discrepancy found.
    Doing mods manually is extremely fiddly, takes a lot of attention to do right, and is a pain in the ass in general.
    Thanks so much for this guide.

Cheers :)